If you have forgotten your username and/or password of your router and cannot log in to the admin panel, you can solve this problem using the methods below.
Default Username and Password
Many people do not know the default username and password of the router or modem since it is not necessary in daily life. However, you need this information when you want to access the router admin interface. The easiest way to find this information is to see if there is a sticker on the bottom and back of the device. You can log in to the admin panel using the username and password written on this tag. Another method is to browse the user guide that came with your router or modem. It says what your username and password are in the section on the installation of the device in the user manual. If it is not possible to use these two methods, you can access the necessary information by using our default username and password list page. This page contains comprehensive information on the most used brands and models in the world.
Perform a Factory Reset
If you cannot solve your problem using the methods mentioned above, you can try to reset your device. When you reset your router, all your settings will return to the factory settings. So you can log in to the admin panel using the default username and password. The thing to remember is that when you reset your device, your internet connection will be lost as all your information will be reset. Therefore, you will have to re-enter the information you received from your Internet service provider (ISP).
Follow the steps below to perform factory reset:
- Find your device’s RESET button.
- With the help of a thin object such as a needle, paper clip or toothpick, press and hold the reset button for about 10-15 seconds.
- You can release the reset button when your device lights are off. When the lights start to light steadily, your device will be back to factory settings.
- You can login in the admin panel using your default router username and password.
- After logging in, provide your Internet connection by writing the information you get from your ISP. You can then make any changes to the configuration of your device.