When you have set up your Xfinity Gateway(router/modem), you ought to improve its security by setting up a firewall for your Xfinity Router/Modem. With a firewall, the security of your router will be improved and your router will be shielded from a wide range of undesirable connections.
A firewall can be called as a boundary that regulates and controls the data that is shared over your network. It shields your router from undesirable access and squares access to specific sites and applications that can install undesirable projects on your PC without your assent. It additionally shields your data from getting taken by forestalling access to any program or site.
How To Setup Firewalls on Xfinity Gateway?
To set up a firewall on Xfinity Gateway, follow these means:
- Connect to the network of your Xfinity Gateway from your PC or Mobile Device.
- Open an internet browser and type http://10.0.0.1 or 10.0.0.1 and press Enter.
- A login page will show up. You will be approached to enter the login username and password. The default username is admin and password will be password.
- When you are signed in into the admin panel, go to Gateway > Firewall.
- Presently, pick either IPv4 or IPv6.
- You will see distinctive security alternatives there. You can choose the choice that you believe is generally appropriate for your network.
- Maximum Security (High): This is the most exacting alternative accessible and it will obstruct a large portion of the projects aside from web perusing, email, iTunes and VPN.
- Typical Security (Medium): This is the suggested alternatives and it permits most locales and administrations, however impedes all shared applications e.g uTorrent.
- Minimum Security (Low): This is the default choice that is empowered when you set up your wireless gateway. It permits all protected applications.
- Custom Security: With this alternative you can empower or incapacitate various sorts of traffic as you need to or in the event that you need, you can impair the firewall.
- Click on Save Settings to spare the changes.
Note: If you have firewall empowered on your PC and Gateway, at that point it can cause impedance, in this manner, it is acceptable in the event that you have one firewall empowered.